Spend a day with Chris Fisher, the Blind Woodturner.
[Photographs of Chris by Janet Broughton].
A choice of woodturning activities:
- beginners course – this will cover the various stages of woodturning for someone new to turning. It will include marking centres, mounting on the lathe, roughing out
- introduction to carbide tools – get to grips with carbide cutters and discover how versatile they can be
- finishing – Chris receives many comments about the high standard of his finish. He will share with you his secrets and techniques to help you achieve beautiful results each time.
- pens – whether you are new to pen turning or skilled, join Chris in a pen making session on his professional pen lathe.
- anything goes – bowls, goblets, candlesticks, magic wands. You choose!
We will work on a Record Power DL36SH Cam, Axminster AT1416VS, Axminster AH1218VS and Axminster Precision Pro pen lathe.
To book, please get in touch and we will coordinate dates with you.